It’s time for the Monsterbling Contest! Yay!
The lowdown: Submit an image of a monster between November 5 and November 15, and may the best monster win.
Draw it, collage it, paint it, Photoshop it. Sew it, build it, sculpt it and take a picture of it! Use whatever medium you like, and send me an image of it when you’re done. Keep it simple or make it a masterpiece; sophistication is not necessary, and I hope to see work of all levels of expertise. Scary monsters, funny monsters, sad monsters…..all are welcome.
The prize? A 14k gold, handforged sapphire necklace: the Roman Sapphire Necklace.
It’ll be like the necklace below, but you know, with a sapphire. A pretty blue sapphire. It will be so pretty you will cry, and so I will send the winner some tissues with their pendant. I’m still waiting for that stinker to come in, but I will have the necklace done by the time the contest begins, and I will post it then. That’s why I’m not taking entries until November 5th: because the rat bastard sapphire hasn’t come in yet.
Monsterbling Contest Rules
1. Email entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries will be accepted from November 5, 2009 through November 15, 2009. I will announce the winner on November 18, 2009.
2. There is no limit to how many monsters you may enter into the contest.
3. All work must be original and your own.
4. All ages are invited to enter, but if you are under the age of 18 you may not enter without the permission of your parent or guardian.
5. The winning entry is decided at my personal discretion with the help of friends and a bottle of Chianti. The winner is final.
6. Let’s keep our monsters PG-Rated, ok?
7. The prize necklace is not for resale.
8. Entries must be in JPEG format or included in the body of the email. Please include your full name, and the email address where I may reach you to confirm shipping information should you win. If you are unable to be reached within 3 days of winning, you forfeit your win. Your last name and email will be kept private, and this information will neither be shared nor used for solicitation purposes.
9. Images may be posted on this blog or on Vakadesign’s Flickr page, and by entering your image into the contest you give Vakadesign permission to make public your monster image in this manner.
10. By submitting an entry to the Monsterbling Contest, you agree to these rules and understand the spirit of this fun, friendly competition. You will not hold me responsible if you lose this give-away, or appeal for a new decision. This is a give-away everyone, so let’s not get all hard-core. If I am asked to clarify any of these rules, I will do so on the Monsterbling Contest page of the blog.
Monster questions, anyone?